Friday, February 22, 2008

BLS Shift

I signed up Wednesday to work at BLS shift 2pm-2am, it will be my first shift back to work. I get dressed semi excited to get back to work, back in the truck, back to doing what I used to love, back to doing calls. I open my front door to find a miserable world waiting, its cold and wet, theres 4 inches of snow on the ground and monsoon rains dumping more and more water then the ground can handle, its going to be a crummy day to work EMS. I head off to work trying to keep my usual routine, I stop for a cup of coffee and drive into the city. I walk into the office and start my routine, I get my paperwork, my keys, my radio, keys, AED and head to the truck, check my truck out, and we head out onto the streets, we run nothing but transfers all night long, and for once I'm actually content doing transfer after transfer. It felt good to be back on the truck, in the back with patients, routine relatively healthy patients just going to a SNF for rehabilitation or home from Dialysis, I deal with no death today and I feel that perhaps I can move past this all and get back on with my life.

No comments: